Ok so it seems like it’s been *forever* in the making, but finally the new version of Fluxcam is now live and deployed to all Fluxcam-enabled sites.
It’s still “tentatively” live..I’m expecting to find some issues along the way but the bones of it seem to work.
This new version has been an *epic* amount of effort to finish, but it adds a bunch of new features and usability updates including:
- “TV” channels – this was a major request from our regulars – now when there’s nobody on cam, the system can be set to auto-play files/recordings from a designated folder – so no more staring at black boxes when there’s no performers online.
- Username embedded in stream name/recording – before we couldn’t tell which recording was from which user, now the whole streaming structure has been re-written and now we’ll know which recording is from a given user/room etc
- No limit on the number of simultaneous streams per chatroom – so rather than just having feed1 and feed2 like before, now each user who has permission to do so can stream, and users can tune in to a particular user’s streams, or go with the defaults.
- Many, many, many background updates to make things a bit more secure, improve performance/responsiveness with many users, and just sort the code out from the spaghetti mess it had evolved into, which had made it almost impossible to work on.
- The ability for performers/dommes to grab still frames from live streams for instant posting to twitter etc.
- Credits/payment system – this isn’t live yet but it a massive part of this upgrade – building on the “credits” system we’ve been testing for the last 6mo or so, this now adds the ability for particpating Fluxcam sites to enable the buying of credits very simply – e.g. to tip performers, for private shows or whatever. There’s also a whole bunch of back-end stuff which means now that models can withdraw credits and GET PAID for performing (75% payout, 2 weeks clearing, or 70% payout and 1 week clearing). All credits balances will be set back to 0 when this goes live, and sites will need to be approved by the payment provider
This should still all work on all the devices it did before (i.e. android users please use “dolphin browser”, “flashfox” or “Puffin browser” and IOS users please stay with “puffin browser”.
*THANK YOU* (dear users) for your patience while I’ve been working on these updates, there’s still plenty to do but the rest we can sort along the way 😉 Hopefully I should be able to spend more time actually *using* the system now rather than just working on it!
For starters I’ll be on cam from now most of this weekend testing the new setup out and making sure it’s all working as it should be… do pop by and say hi 🙂